League of Legends Custom Builds (LCB) is a cross-platform Java application
for the game League of Legends,
allowing you to define for each champion, a list of predefined custom builds.
It is then possible to select the build that will be displayed in the "Recommended"
section of the Shop menu during a game.
LCB allows you to create an unlimited number of custom builds (CB) and to choose
the one to display, regarding the chosen champion. LCB's goal is to simplify the item
buying process, avoiding the user a waste of time in the shop menu (in addition of being a
nice way to keep track of the different builds tested for each champion).
- Manage your different League of Legends clients
- Create an unlimited number of custom builds
- Drag and drop items pictures to fix your build order
- Create global builds (useful when having recurrent CB used by many champions)
- Configure smartcasts for any of your champions and easily switch between them before a game
- Program data is automatically updated as new items/champions are added to the game
- LCB auto-update system : get the latest version in one single click !
- Make backups of your custom builds
- Multiple languages supported (for user interface and items description)
- Compatible with Classic, Dominion, Twisted Treeline and Proving Grounds game modes
Version 1.3.0 - release date: 05/12/2012
Tutorial : creation of a custom build
- Run LCB
- During its first launch, LCB will download all the requiered resources (images and
- Once over, you have to add a new LoL client
Click on the "add new lol client" button and browse to your LoL game folder (or to the client
.app file for mac users)
- Choose the champion and the game mode you wish to create the build for and then click
the "create new build" button / or double-click on the champion's icon
A new window will pop up, allowing you to create the CB. Two available options for that:
- Create a brand new CB
- By default, Riot's recommended build will be displayed. By clicking the icons you
will be able to select the items of your choice. You can also drag'n'drop icons to
reorganize build items
- You can remove or add as many categories as you need
- Then choose a name for this build
- It is possible to add this build to the global list, in case it is not specific for a
particular champion but is more a general or reccurent one
(For instance if you created an ad/carry build, maybe it is better to save it in this
list so you don't have to create a similar one for every new ad/carry champion)
- Choose a build from the global build list
- Once this choice made, decide if you would like this build to be the "active one" or
not, i.e. it would be the one displayed by default in the shop menu during a game
- Click the "OK" button to finalize the CB creation
The build is now created, and will be displayed in the list, for the previously selected
- You can also define, for each champion, the CB that will be displayed in the game
- By right-clicking on a row, options allowing to rename/delete/add to global build
list/etc. will show up
IMPORTANT: Always manually save, for each client, every change
performed! It will synchronize LCB and your LoL client's data.
Tutorial : using SmartCast Switcher
yellow frame = smartcast, red frame = self+smartcast
is a tool that allows you to change the way each of a champion's skills is used :
- normal cast
(For those who don't know what all this means, first take a look at this wiki page
where you will find explanation about smartcasts)
• For each champion you can define which skills should be normally casted, smartcasted or self+smartcasted.
By clicking on a champion's picture, you will enable his configuration in the game.
Basically, once you have selected your champion in game, open up SmartCast Switcher and enable this champion's configuration (do not forget to save to apply your changes).
• All champions that have some of their skills configured will be displayed with a gray frame around their picture.
The champion whose configuration is activated will have a yellow frame instead.
By right-clicking on a champion's picture, you will be able to configure his smartcasts, or enable/disable his configuration without having to open the SmartCast Switcher window.
Do not forget that this configuration will remains active until you disable it or change it to a new one from the SmartCast Switcher window.
If you use non standard hotkeys for normal casting (usually Q, W, E and R), configure your own hotkey by clicking the corresponding letter on the top of the list.
- SmartCast Switcher
Open up SmartCast Switcher (cf. Tutorial)
If a client is selected, it is possible to export all its CB (classic/dominion) in a
Will import the chosen file's CB to the active client.
Note: If a champion is in both the file and the client, only his builds from the
file will be kept
- Delete client's builds
Will delete all the builds (classic/dominion) for the active client
- Reset all data
Will re-download all the program resources (images and game data)
To use in case of any wrong data /image spotted
Change program and items description language to the chosen one. If the selected
language isn't supported for the program UI, english will be set by default
- Check for update
Will check if the latest version of LCB is installed. If a new version is available, it
will be possible to automatically downloaded and installed
If this option is enabled, the program will check at startup if a new version of LCB is
available for download
How to contact me (for bug reports/messages/insults/suggestions...) ?
How can I help ?
I am looking for generous volunteers who could translate the
program in the following languages: portuguese, polish, greek or any other
languages not supported yet !
I can't launch LCB !
Make sure a recent version of Java (1.5+) is installed on your computer.
For Linux users, you will have to execute the LoLBuilds jar file.
Some pictures are missing !
Try restarting the program several times to see if the missing files are downloaded. If not, try to run the program with administrator rights.
The updater doesn't work
Try to run the program with administrator rights.
[Mountain Lion users] The program cannot be opened, move it to the Trash
How to fix this :
- Go to system preference, security and privacy and in general change allow applications from mac app store identified and developers to anywhere
- Start up LCB
- Once it is open and working, change your allow applications settings back to mac appstore identified and developers